Monday, 18 April 2011

Surgery

So as most will have already read, I went in for my operation to remove the cancer on Friday morning. I was admitted on the Thursday afternoon at about 2pm and I was busy from then on. I had Doctors, Anethetists and Nurses with me the whole time. Asking me questions and telling me what would be happening the next day. It was very full on and alot to take in. Mum and dad ended up taking Annabelle home at about 4pm to give her some time out from the hospital so Julian and I got to have some time together.

I slept pretty well Thursday night as I asked for a sleeping pill to keep my mind off things. I was getting pretty nervous. Friday morning they woke me at 5am to get ready for my operation. I had my shower and got dressed in the lovely purple gowns they get u to dress in. Julian, Annabelle, Mum and Dad arrived at about 5:30am to see me before I was called down to theatre. At this point I was thinking, would I see my family again, will i get to hold my little girl and see her grow up?? But I knew that I had to keep a positive mind and not think like that. At 6:50am, theatre rang and said they were ready for me to come down. I said my goodbyes and was trying very hard not to cry infront of everyone but as they wheeled me away I had a little tear in my eye.

From here I had doctors and nurses with me all the time, trying to make me laugh and keep my spirits high. They put me to sleep and I dont remember anything until I woke. Here I lay and everything around me was white. The nurses where dressed in white, the rooms where white, everything WHITE... I thought I was in heaven... I thought something must have gone wrong. I closed my eyes and opened them again and realised I was wrong, I was in recovery. The first thing I asked for was my baby girl. After waiting 2hrs in recovery I finally got to see my little girl and my amazing husband.

I had been ok until yesterday. Thats when I had a little breakdown and cried when they were leaving last night. I miss being home with them and doing things with them. But I know that I have to be in here to get better. Today I am feeling really good, I am up and walking around. I am hoping to be home by Thursday or Friday. Then I will feel much more better and happier..

I havent gone into too much detail as it is a little hard for me to talk about just yet. But I will come back and update and another date.

I would like to thank all my friends for the support they have given me, you guys know who you are. And for all the people that have visited me. I know how hard it is to visit someone sick in hospital and it means much more then you will ever know.

Thank you
xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment