So in the end we decided to freeze embryo's, we got 5 eggs and after fertilization all 5 took very well. We had them frozen and hoped that one day in the future we would be able to find someone to carry them for us.
After my treatment, I was told that I didnt need to use contraception as I could not fall pregnant. Little did we all know this was not the case...
Fast forward to February 2010, I was at home moving furniture around and had been feeling very off for awhile. I knew that something was wrong and started thinking that maybe the cancer had returned.. I rang my husband and told him we needed to go to the hospital straight away. The hospital wanted to do xrays and ct scans to make sure it wasnt a blood clot or the cancer returning. After asking me several times if I could be pregnant and me saying no, they still wanted to do a pregnancy test anyway. We did 3 pregnancy tests and they all come back inconclusive, so we had to wait for the blood tests to come back.. Getting close to midnight Julian (my husband) decided to go home and get some sleep. At around 1am the dr's come in to tell me the blood tests were back and that it had come back positive... I WAS PREGNANT!!! I insisted that the blood tests were wrong, how could they tell me months ago I couldnt fall pregnant?? Yet here I was pregnant...
I had already gone through a battle and now I would have to fight to keep this little human being alive inside me... I was in hospital for awhile, while Dr's come in to examine me to make sure I was ready for this, to make sure that my body was ready for this... Most of my Dr's were behind me 100%, some told me it was wrong and I should have an abortion straight away...
As time went on my body and myself started feeling the effects, getting tired and breathless and not being able to cope... It was a stressfull and frightening journey.
At 23 weeks I started going in to Labour.. The Dr's successfully stopped it... This happened again at 25 weeks and again at 27 weeks.. For this whole time I was in and out of hospital, mostly in hospital resting. From 27 weeks I was in hospital full time, as the Dr's knew I wouldnt be able to go much longer.
I lasted until I was 29 weeks, on 24th of July, the Dr's decided it was time. The baby was healthy and fine, but my body couldnt take it anymore. I couldnt keep any food down, I could hardly walk, I was meantally and physically drained. I was scared as having a baby this early was very risky...
At 3pm on the 23rd the Dr's induced me, it was a slow journey from here as they had to slowly pump the drugs in to me... Finally at 8:30am on the 24th my little miracle came into the world. She was so tiny, but I could tell she was a fighter. I wasnt able to hold my little girl as they had to take her straight away to help her breath.. I finally saw her 2hrs later. She was perfect, so tiny.
Annabelle spent 7 weeks in hospital, she had some complications along the way with her breathing but fought her way through and was allowed home. There was no way anything was going to get in the way of taking me little girl home.
I have been told now that I prob wont be able to have anymore children as my body just wont be able to handle it again. But I am just so grateful that I have been given my little girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment